Sirac.hr Općina Sirač
Dobrodošli na naš forum!

FAQFAQ   TražiTraži   Lista članovaLista članova   Korisničke grupeKorisničke grupe   RegistracijaRegistracija 
 ProfilProfil   Privatne porukePrivatne poruke   LoginLogin 

The Way To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #071

Započni novu temu   Odgovori na temu    Forum Općine Sirač -> Mladi
Prethodna tema :: Sljedeća tema  
Autor Poruka
FrankJScott

PorukaPoslano: 30.03.2021, 22:15    Naslov: The Way To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #071 Citiraj i odgovori

6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now that you have a solid understanding of what a hygrometer does and what can happen if your humidity is too high or too low, let us talk about how to really control the humidity in your humidor. Unfortunately, you can't just use a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my very first way to control the humidity in my humidor and boy was it stressful. This is actually the"puck" which is included with humidors the majority of the time and needs you to soak it into propylene glycol. I found it to be a bit of a guessing game since you have to make sure your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It had been mostly stressful since I used the free version in my humidor so results may vary. I discovered I had to soak the puck every 15 days or so using a humidor of 30 cigars. I just had to re-soak every 30-45 days and found it to be much more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very simple. It takes approximately 30 seconds and you simply buy the propylene glycol separately. This solution is odorless and just replaces water as a pure form of moisture. Using tap water may cause issues because of chlorine or other chemicals, and distilled water won't stay moist provided that propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make very simple to use products which you may just open and pop it into a humidor such as this
arc-14s. These include a much more controlled way of handling humidity compared to the puck method. The only bad thing is you need to replace these completely most of the time each 3-6 weeks completely. I don't recommend trying to"re-soak" them with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of them, particularly the tubes, is that they don't occupy much space in your humidor. But, depending on how big the jar format may work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Similar to the jar or tubes from Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled system of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification method and ones that I utilize for my tupperdor today. However, they could err a little on the high side in terms of humidity if you use them in a tupperdor. I would like to go several percentages lower in the preferred humidity as a result if you have a tupperdor. Otherwise they do a great job of absorbing humidity whether it is too high and growing if it is too low. As soon as your package is stiff, you then simply throw it away. That being said, many claim to have the ability to recharge these very easily simply by soaking them for a couple of days once they become stiff. Even though this might be a great way to save money, the recharged packs definitely will not be as precise as an original. To find out more about the way to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge because if I'm going to spend hundreds of bucks on cigars, I do not wish to cut any corners to save a few dollars on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method that many advocate across java forums. This company revolves around these beads and they've a lot of diehard followers for their merchandise. These are probably one of the more expensive choices but last forever. They do need spraying of distilled water following week or two though so you've got to stick to a schedule. This method is a bit more geared towards the more advanced cigar collectors. Normally, cigar collectors will have a pouch of those beads or a layer at the base of their wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There's nothing better than the set it and overlook an electric humidifier, particularly if you have a large or precious collection. All these are a little expensive when compared with the other options such as
rabbit air but there's the advantage of very little maintenance. The components work great if plugged -- so you will be asked to conduct a flat cable into the outside of your humidor. However some of those units have some really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That could be a lot of Boveda packs...) You do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 months but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
For a larger wineador setup, many recommend kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. This is a really similar method to this Heartfelt beads strategy outlined previously. The crucial thing is to obtain a kitty litter without a fragrance and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as needed. I've seen very positive reviews out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low dust nor odor.
Prethodne poruke:   
Započni novu temu   Odgovori na temu    Forum Općine Sirač -> Mladi Vremenska zona: GMT + 01:00.
Stranica 1 / 1.

Forum(o)Bir:  
Ne možeš otvarati nove teme.
Ne možeš odgovarati na poruke.
Ne možeš uređivati svoje poruke.
Ne možeš izbrisati svoje poruke.
Ne možeš glasovati u anketama.