Sirac.hr Općina Sirač
Dobrodošli na naš forum!

FAQFAQ   TražiTraži   Lista članovaLista članova   Korisničke grupeKorisničke grupe   RegistracijaRegistracija 
 ProfilProfil   Privatne porukePrivatne poruke   LoginLogin 

How To Select The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #843

Započni novu temu   Odgovori na temu    Forum Općine Sirač -> Mladi
Prethodna tema :: Sljedeća tema  
Autor Poruka
FrankJScott

PorukaPoslano: 30.03.2021, 22:12    Naslov: How To Select The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #843 Citiraj i odgovori

6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now that you have a solid understanding of what a hygrometer does and what can happen if your humidity is too high or too low, let us discuss how to actually control the humidity in your humidor. Regrettably, you can't just use a moist paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my first way to control the humidity in my humidor and boy was it trying. This is actually the"puck" which is included with humidors the majority of the time and requires you to soak it into propylene glycol. I discovered it to be a bit of a guessing game since you need to make sure that your"puck" does not run out of juice. It had been mainly stressful since I utilized the free version in my humidor so results may vary. I discovered I needed to soak the puck every 15 days or so with a humidor of 30 cigars. I just had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very simple. It takes about 30 minutes and you just purchase the propylene glycol individually. This solution is odorless and just replaces water as a more pure form of moisture. Using tap water may cause problems because of chlorine or other substances, and distilled water will not stay moist provided that propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make very easy to use products that you may just open and pop it in a humidor such as this
whynter arc 14s. These have a much more controlled method of managing humidity compared to the puck technique. The only bad thing is you need to replace these entirely most of the time every 3-6 months completely. I don't advise trying to"re-soak" them together with the propylene glycol. The beauty of these, particularly the tubes, is that they don't occupy much space in your humidor. However, depending on the size, the jar arrangement will work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Like the jar or tubes out of Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled method of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favourite cigar humidification method and ones that I utilize for the tupperdor today. But they could err a little on the high side concerning humidity should you use them at a tupperdor. I'd aim to go a few percentages lower in the desired humidity for a consequence when you've got a tupperdor. (These packs come in all different humidity levels.) They do a great job of absorbing humidity whether it is too high and increasing if it is too low. Once your package is stiff, then you just throw it away. That having been said, many claim to be able to recharge these very easily by simply soaking them for a few days once they get stiff. Although this may be a great way to spend less, the recharged packs certainly won't be as accurate as an original. To discover more about the way to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge since if I'm going to spend hundreds of bucks on cigars, I do not wish to cut any corners to save a few dollars on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method that many recommend across java forums. This company revolves round these beads and they've a lot of diehard followers for their product. These are probably one of the costlier options but last forever. They do require spraying of distilled water following two or week though so you have to abide by a schedule. This way is somewhat more geared towards the more advanced cigar collectors. Normally, cigar collectors will have a pouch of these beads or a coating at the bottom of their wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There's nothing better than the set it and overlook a electric humidifier, particularly if you've got a big or valuable set. These are a bit expensive when compared with the other choices such as humidor but there is the advantage of very little upkeep. The components work best if plugged in -- so you will be required to run a level cable into the outside of your humidor. However some of these units have some really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify around 1,000 cigars! (That could be a good deal of Boveda packs...) You really do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively cheap.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
For a larger wineador setup, many advocate kitty litter as a viable option to control humidity. This is a really similar technique to the Heartfelt beads strategy outlined previously. The crucial thing is to get a kitty litter without a fragrance and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I've seen very positive reviews out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low fructose nor odor.
Prethodne poruke:   
Započni novu temu   Odgovori na temu    Forum Općine Sirač -> Mladi Vremenska zona: GMT + 01:00.
Stranica 1 / 1.

Forum(o)Bir:  
Ne možeš otvarati nove teme.
Ne možeš odgovarati na poruke.
Ne možeš uređivati svoje poruke.
Ne možeš izbrisati svoje poruke.
Ne možeš glasovati u anketama.