Sirac.hr Općina Sirač
Dobrodošli na naš forum!

FAQFAQ   TražiTraži   Lista članovaLista članova   Korisničke grupeKorisničke grupe   RegistracijaRegistracija 
 ProfilProfil   Privatne porukePrivatne poruke   LoginLogin 

The Way To Pick The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #366

Započni novu temu   Odgovori na temu    Forum Općine Sirač -> Mladi
Prethodna tema :: Sljedeća tema  
Autor Poruka
FrankJScott

PorukaPoslano: 30.03.2021, 22:13    Naslov: The Way To Pick The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #366 Citiraj i odgovori

6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now you have a good comprehension of exactly what a hygrometer does and what can happen if your humidity is too high or too low, let us talk about how to actually control the humidity in your humidor. Unfortunately, you can't just use a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck method was my very first means to control the humidity in my humidor and boy, was it stressful. This is actually the"puck" that is included with humidors most of the time and needs one to boil it into propylene glycol. I found it for a little bit of a guessing game since you need to be sure your"puck" does not run out of juice. It had been mainly stressful since I utilized the free version in my humidor so results may vary. I discovered that I had to soak the puck every 15 days or so with a humidor of 30 cigars. However, after I updated to some Xikar puck, it was smooth sailing. I only had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very easy. It takes about 30 seconds and you just purchase the propylene glycol separately. This remedy is odorless and only replaces water as a pure form of moisture. Using tap water can cause problems due to chlorine or other substances, and distilled water will not stay moist provided that propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make quite simple to use products that you can just open and pop it in a humidor such as this
electric humidor. These include a much more controlled method of handling humidity than the puck technique. The only bad thing is you have to replace these completely most of the time every 3-6 months completely. I don't advise attempting to"re-soak" them with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of them, particularly the tubes, is that they don't occupy much space in your humidor. But, depending on the size, the jar format will work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Like the tubes or jar out of Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled system of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification method and ones that I use for my tupperdor today. However, they could err a bit on the large side in terms of humidity should you use them in a tupperdor. I'd like to go a few percentages lower than your preferred humidity for a consequence if you have a tupperdor. (These packs come in all different humidity levels.) Otherwise they do a fantastic job of absorbing humidity whether it's too high and growing if it's too low. Once your pack is stiff, then you just throw it away. That having been said, many claim to have the ability to recharge these very easily by simply soaking them for a few days once they get stiff. Although this may be a terrific way to save money, the recharged packs definitely will not be as accurate as an original. To find out more about the way to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I don't recharge because if I'm going to spend hundreds of bucks on cigars, I don't wish to cut any corners to save a couple bucks on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a common humidity method that many advocate across cigar forums. This provider revolves round these beads and they have a lot of diehard followers for their product. These are most likely one of the more expensive options but last forever. They do need spraying of distilled water after two or week though so you've got to abide by a schedule. This way is a bit more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Typically, cigar collectors will have a pouch of these a layer at the bottom of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There is nothing greater than the place it and overlook an electric humidifier, especially if you have a large or precious set. These are a bit expensive compared to the other choices such as
newair 250 but there is the benefit of very little maintenance. The units work best if plugged in -- so you'll be asked to conduct a flat cable into the exterior of your humidor. However some of these units have some really cool features like wi-fi capacities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That could be a lot of Boveda packs...) You do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively cheap.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
For a bigger wineador installation, many recommend kitty litter as a viable option to control humidity. This is a really similar technique to the Heartfelt beads strategy outlined previously. The key is to get a kitty litter without a odor and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as needed. I have seen very positive reviews from Exquisicat Crystals with very low dust nor odor.
Prethodne poruke:   
Započni novu temu   Odgovori na temu    Forum Općine Sirač -> Mladi Vremenska zona: GMT + 01:00.
Stranica 1 / 1.

Forum(o)Bir:  
Ne možeš otvarati nove teme.
Ne možeš odgovarati na poruke.
Ne možeš uređivati svoje poruke.
Ne možeš izbrisati svoje poruke.
Ne možeš glasovati u anketama.